TechMentor 2013 was held in Orlando on March 4 – 8. While I was not able to be there in person, I was able to live vicariously through the tweets of the attendees.
Some of the highlights of the tweets included:
- Don Jones and his PowerShell classes – “Be the one who writes Powershell commands, not the one who runs them”
- Excitement over the entertaining training from Ed Liberman on Server 2012 and MCSA (and something about him quoting a certain green Jedi master.)
- Joe Rinehart beaming in to teach a CCNA session (Yes, in a Star Trek uniform)
- Mark Minasi getting the crowds excited about Windows Server 2012
- Laura Hunter telling tales from the IT trenches at Microsoft
- Ed Horley’s highly interactive session about IPv6
- Greg Shields building a private cloud
- Bruce Mackenzie-Low on Windows 8 and 2012 Performance Toolkit
- Yung Chou and Windows Azure
- Jason Helmick and his “out of control” PowerShell Web Access class “Jason Helmick should be the standard for giving presentations!” @Eggsabyte on Twitter
- J. Peter Bruzzese with What’s New in Exchange 2013
- Blain Barton on Windows Server 2012 on Azure
- Great Exhibitors like Veam, Storage Craft, Global Knowledge
- Great Food!
ITCertPro was participating by retweeting some of the participants tweets. At one point, I asked this question:
Tell me-What did I miss the most by not being at
Bill Bailey (@bbnetman) replied:
“2 great keynotes, super Windows Azure sessions, of course amazing PowerShell content, and me! a good mix of Windows Server 2012 features at
#TechMentor as well.”
“what was missed keys to the future, Automation, great speakers and teachers. Don’t forget wine and dine!”
If this sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of knowledge to you and you missed Orlando, you have a second chance. TechMentor 2013 Las Vegas is coming up later this year!
TechMentor Las Vegas will be held September 30th through October 4th at the Tropicana Las Vegas. ITCertPro is a Premier Social Media Partner so you can come back here for news leading up to the conference as well as a conference pass giveaway!
For more information about TechMentor 2013, including pricing and hotel information, please visit the Techmentor Las Vegas website.
(NOTE: Despite any rumors that you might hear, Elvis will not be teaching PowerShell. Thank you)
If you’re going to TechMentor, you have the chance to see two CBT Nuggets trainers in person!
Microsoft will be holding an online Certified Career Day on March 12th. The focus of the event will be to help IT Certified Professionals become “cloud ready”. Let’s face it, cloud computing is getting more and more attention from businesses and the ITCertPro needs to understand how to implement and support the cloud infrastructure.
A new study by market intelligence firm IDC reveals global businesses are adopting cloud computing at an escalating rate, with fewer “cloud ready” IT professionals available to administer cloud computing services. One in four IT positions worldwide is currently unfilled and 28% of those are cloud computing related–that’s more than 1.7 million open positions. In 2015, an estimated 7 million job computing jobs will be vacant.
Why vacant? Hiring managers can’t find “cloud-skilled” IT candidates, citing a lack of training, certification and experience as the top reasons cloud computing positions are not filled. To bridge this IT cloud skills gap, employers need professionals with the right set of skills that will help business move forward.
Certified Career Day is an interactive, LIVE panel discussion with IT industry experts who will be your Cloud career counselors for the day, providing you with guidance to help advance your career to the Cloud. Certified Career Day is a full day of events featuring leading experts in the IT and cloud computing industry (all times are Pacific Standard Time):
- 8:30am Virtual Doors Open. Get behind-the-scenes commentary.
- 9:00-10:15 Live Industry Panel Broadcast. An live panel discussion with IT industry experts who will be your Cloud career counselors for the day, providing you with guidance to help advance your career to the Cloud.
- 10:15-10:30 Special Guest Interview with Mark Russinovich, Microsoft Technical Fellow. In this exclusive interview with Microsoft Technical Fellow Mark Russinovich, Wes Miller, VP of Research at Directions on Microsoft, will bring this discussion to the technology level as they explore the challenges organizations will encounter when migrating workloads to the cloud and the key capabilities IT professionals and organizations will need as they make this transition.
- 10:30-11:30 Windows Server Live Product Session. Join Microsoft Product Specialists Rick Claus and Joey Snow for a special session to help you better understand how to the get the training you need to transform your IT operations and deliver a whole new level of business value.
- 11:35–12:35 SQL Server 2012 Live Product Session. Join Microsoft Product Specialists Dandy Weyn and Jennifer Moser for a deep dive into this data platform and explore mission critical evidence, breakthrough insights and cloud on your terms. You will gain an understanding of the Business Intelligence scenarios SQL Server 2012 delivers to organizations and what training you need now, to help enable this capability.
Check out the full agenda at certifiedcareerday.com.
If you are wondering what cloud computing is, I recommend that you spend some time at this FREE online event. The difficulty with cloud computing is that there are so many definitions of cloud computing. At Microsoft Certified Career Day, you can get to know Microsoft’s vision of cloud computing and understand what skills employers are looking for to support their Microsoft cloud platforms.
And did I mention that it was FREE! Did I also mention that you could win an Acer Tablet?
What are you waiting for? Go register NOW! at certifiedcareerday.com.
(Thank you to Microsoft for providing information for this article)
ITCertPro is proud to announce that it is a Premier Social Media Partner for TechMentor 2013 Orlando. You can get news and information about TechMentor through our blog, Twitter Feed, and FaceBook page.
Follow ITCertPro on Twitter:
Like ITCertPro on FaceBook:
CBT Nuggets is now offering a monthly subcription to their entire IT Video Training Library for $99/month. That’s right! For $99/month you get access to their entire IT library including series on Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, Juniper, and much more. Your subscription also includes ExamPrep, so you can make sure that you are ready to take the certification exam.
If you would like a tour of the IT Training library, contact Birk at CBT Nuggets through ITCertPro’s order page. That way, you can see it before you buy it.